Tuesday, April 23, 2013

32 Weeks

IMG_4860

How far along: 32 Weeks, 2 Days (32 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: 19 inches in length and almost 4 lbs, according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings.  Bananas.

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on April 1st, 16lbs (I'm just going to go with what the doctor's scale says because that's easiest).

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes. Spending time with my little family - trying really hard to savor this time as a family of 3. 

What I'm looking forward to the most: Starting to really look forward to meeting this kid.

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling all the time. I think I am a little more uncomfortable this time. We had also just finished our childbirth classes.   

Sleep: No issues in this department. I'm still up every night usually 2-4 times to pee around 1:30/2 and definitely 5/515 (like clockwork), but I usually have no problems falling back to sleep. It is starting to get a little harder to turn over and/or get out of bed though.

Symptoms: Heartburn. Occasional sore hips and legs and just tired in general. Random leg cramps when I flex my feet/ankles at night - it happened twice this week, and I woke up in so much pain.  I'm sure it freaked Ryan out a bit.  Exhaustion - I feel like I am definitely more tired this time around. I'm sure having an almost 3 year old at home and working my butt off this week isn't helping with the exhaustion. Random pain in my back and my belly, not contractions though. I think it's more from my belly stretching or over-doing it physically. Thankfully, the heating pad has helped with the pain. A few days of my legs/ankles/feet swelling, but I've started putting my feet up at work as much as I can, and I think that's helping. 

Movement: Yes! All the freaking time, and I'm getting some good kicks to the bladder (not fun). The babe also seems to get the hiccups at least 2-3 times a day.

The belly: Still pretty big, and my belly button flattens even more each week. Starting to hurt a little (see symptoms above).

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week:  Getting past some deadlines at work - hopefully, it will start slowing down a bit. 

Worries this week: Starting to get a little worried about labor/delivery.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.

No comments: