Wednesday, April 14, 2010

32 Weeks

We are starting the 8th month... Are you kidding me?!  That means we only have about 8 weeks (give or take a few) before we meet our little girl!  According to What to Expect, this week, BGL is tipping the scales at almost 4 pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches.  Growing isn't the only thing on the agenda these days.  She's busy practicing all the skills she needs to survive outside the womb, from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking.  Apparently, she's been able to suck her thumb for a while now.  Another change this week is that her skin is no longer see-through. As more and more fat accumulates under her skin, it's finally opaque. 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 Weeks and 2 days (32 Weeks in the picture)
Total Weight Gain: 11.5 lbs.  I've gotten a lot of comments about how I look bigger since last week, so I'm sure this number will increase when I go to my doctor's appt next Thursday.  One of the guys I work with even asked me if I was "sure there was only one baby in there". 
Sleep: Ugh. It's not getting any better. Some nights I do get decent sleep in between bathroom breaks, but BGL also seems to think that when I come back from these bathroom breaks it's time to play or she gets the hiccups. I do feel like I am sleeping more soundly when I can fall asleep, but strangely, I feel more tired lately.
Best Moment This Week: My baby shower!!  It was so much fun and so great to see our friends and family.  We are so incredibly blessed to have so many people in our lives who are so excited about this little girl's arrival.  She was incredibly spoiled (as evidenced by the pictures below) and is going to be one fashionable little lady.  We also finished our childbirth classes last night.  Seeing all the furniture in the nursery - Ryan put it all together while I was at my baby shower on Saturday.  I hope to do a post with pictures of the nursery soon!
Movement: Yes, all the time. It's pretty amazing (except when it feels like she's jumping on my bladder).  She also gets the hiccups at least once a day. 
Food Cravings: No real cravings this week, I just like to eat. I am finding that I can't eat as much at one sitting now - I guess that could be the fact that BGL is taking up much more room.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. My ankles. Hands that don't fall asleep/go numb every few minutes. Being able to see my feet - my stomach is blocking most of the view now. My wedding rings!
What I am Looking Forward To: Celebrating my dad's birthday tomorrow night!  Happy Birthday, Dad!  Going to visit Melissa & Pete this weekend and seeing their new house!
Symptoms: The ever-changing belly button (it is barely holding on). Lots of heartburn - thank God for Pepcid Complete. Swollen ankles/feet/hands - The swelling in my feet and ankles has really gotten worse this week.  I need to figure out a way to somehow put my feet up at work.  Definitely more tired.  Carpal tunnel syndrome - my right middle finger has been numb for most of the past 2 days... so weird.   I am trying really hard to not be miserable because I still have a long ways to go, but these things are getting a bit annoying.  I am so very thankful that my pregnancy has been relatively smooth and that BGL is healthy, but I will not be sad when these symptoms go away! 

The Weekly Bump Picture (please ignore the mess that is my hair - we had just gotten home on Monday night from the Phillies game):

IMG_3478
Some pictures from my wonderful baby shower:
IMG_3396
Surrounded by presents - Lots of pink!!

 Yummy cake that matched the invitations!
IMG_3414

The next 5 pictures are all the presents laid out in our family room - so much loot for BGL!  The only thing missing is the carseat because I was too tired to move it over by the fireplace to include it in the pictures. 

IMG_3469

IMG_3471

IMG_3472

IMG_3475

IMG_3476

1 comment:

The Coles Family said...

Wow! You cleaned up at your shower! Good for you!!!!