Monday, April 26, 2010

34 Weeks

According to What to Expect, there's not a whole lot going on this week.  BGL could be as tall as 20 inches right now and weighs about 5 pounds.  Her tiny little fingernails have probably reached the tip of her fingers by this week.  She can also recognize and react to simple songs.  We have six weeks to go!  That's a month and a half - so crazy!!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 20.5 lbs.  Oh yes, I gained 9 lbs since my last appt which was 3 weeks ago!  Some of that is fluid, but BGL is definitely growing and running out of room!  I'm feeling pretty big these days, but not as uncomfortable as I thought I'd be.
Sleep: Not a huge change from last week.  I am happy that for the most part, other than waking up with burning hands or needing to use the bathroom, I am sleeping ok. 
Best Moment This Week: Organizing the nursery.
Movement: Yes, all the time. It's pretty amazing (except when it feels like she's jumping on my bladder). She also gets the hiccups at least once a day.
Food Cravings: No real cravings this week, I still just like to eat.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. My ankles. Hands that don't go numb/start burning every few minutes. My wedding rings!
What I am Looking Forward To: Heading up to NJ to see Mom-Mom and the LeNoirs!  It's been a while since we've seen them, and this will be my last trip until after BGL arrives.  I am not allowed to travel more than 2 hours away starting at week 36. 
Symptoms: The ever-changing belly button (it is barely holding on). Lots of heartburn - thank God for Pepcid Complete. Swollen ankles/feet/hands - The swelling in my feet and ankles has really gotten worse this week. I was able to figure out a way to put my feet up at work, and I am so much more comfortable now. Definitely more tired. Carpal tunnel syndrome - my hands are pretty much numb and/or burning all the timel, but I think I'm just trying to suck it up and deal with it. I also think I have started having Braxton-Hicks contractions (the practice ones) - they're not really painful, just uncomfortable. 

The Weekly Bump Picture:

IMG_3495

No comments: