Friday, April 19, 2013

30 Weeks

IMG_4583
 
How far along: 30 Weeks (30 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: 17 inches in length and just over 3 lbs, according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings.  Nothing specific, I just like food. 

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on April 1st, 16lbs (I'm just going to go with what the doctor's scale says because that's easiest).

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes.

What I'm looking forward to the most: Back to looking forward to picking out a name and getting the nursery together.

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling. I do occasionally wake up with tingly/sleeping fingers, but so far, the swelling seems ok (knock on wood).

Sleep: No issues in this department. I'm still up every night usually 2-4 times to pee around 1:30/2 and definitely 5/515 (like clockwork), but I usually have no problems falling back to sleep. It is starting to get a little harder to turn over and/or get out of bed though.

Symptoms: Heartburn. Occasional sore hips and legs and just tired in general. Random leg cramps when I flex my feet/ankles at night. Exhaustion - I feel like I am definitely more tired this time around.  I'm sure having an almost 3 year old at home isn't helping with the exhaustion.  Random pain in my back and my belly, not contractions though.  I think it's more from my belly stretching or over-doing it physically.  Thankfully, the heating pad has helped with the pain. 

Movement: Yes! All the freaking time, and I'm getting some good kicks to the bladder (not fun). The babe also seems to get the hiccups at least 2-3 times a day.

The belly: Still pretty big, and my belly button flattens even more each week.  Starting to hurt a little (see symptoms above). 

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week:  Hearing that a good friend had a beautiful baby girl this week!

Worries this week: Starting to get a little worried about labor/delivery.   Also that I won't pass the glucose test.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.

No comments: