Monday, April 29, 2013

33 Weeks

IMG_5287
How far along: 33 Weeks, 1 Day (33 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: 17-19 inches in length and 4.5 lbs, according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings. Cheese (port wine or cooper) and wheat thins. 

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on April 25th, 17lbs

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes. Spending time with my little family - trying really hard to savor this time as a family of 3.

What I'm looking forward to the most: Meeting this kid.  I'm pretty ready for this pregnancy to be over at this point.  (This is probably pretty clear from how tired I look in the picture above). 

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling all the time. I also had stopped wearing my wedding rings, but knock on wood, they still fit.   I am definitely more uncomfortable this time.  

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well for the most part aside from the occasional early morning wake-up where I can't fall back to sleep . I'm still up every night usually 2-4 times to pee, but I don't have a huge problem falling back to sleep. It is starting to get harder to turn over and/or get out of bed.   

Symptoms: Heartburn. Sore hips and legs and just tired in general. Random leg cramps when I flex my feet/ankles at night.  Exhaustion - I feel like I am definitely more tired this time around. I'm sure having an almost 3 year old at home isn't helping with the exhaustion. Random pain in my back and the top of my stomach, not contractions though. I think it's more from my belly stretching or over-doing it physically. Thankfully, the heating pad has somewhat helps with the pain. A few days of my legs/ankles/feet swelling, but I've started putting my feet up at work as much as I can, and I think that's helping.  Just overall soreness, including soreness in my pelvic muscles - so not fun at all.  Round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions.

Movement: Yes! The movement has slowed a bit as he/she is clearly running out of room, but it is definitely strong most of the time. 

The belly: Still pretty big, and my belly button is basically flat if not popping out most of the time. Starting to hurt a little (see symptoms above).

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week:  Date night with Ryan on Saturday, and then taking Caitlin to "A Day Out with Thomas" on Sunday.  She absolutely loved it, and it was so much fun! 

Worries this week: Starting to get a little worried about labor/delivery, but with how uncomfortable I am, I'm also starting to really look forward to it.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.

No comments: