Saturday, March 23, 2013

27 Weeks

IMG_3272
(this is the one and only belly pic I have from this week)

How far along: 27 Weeks, 2 Days (27 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: 15 inches in length and just over 2 lbs,  according to What to Expect.  (At week 26, they measured the baby from crown to rump and now the measurement is from head to toe.)

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings. I'm getting to the point where whatever I eat causes heartburn or I eat too much and feel sick, so I'm kind of over eating at this point. 

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on February 28th, 10lbs (I'm just going to go with what the doctor's scale says because that's easiest).

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes.
 
What I'm looking forward to the most: Our vacation (duh).

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling.  I do wake up with tingly/sleeping fingers, but so far, the swelling seems ok (knock on wood). 

Sleep: No issues in this department. I'm still up every night usually 2-3 times to pee around 1:30/2 and definitely 5/515 (like clockwork), but I usually have no problems falling back to sleep.

Symptoms: Heartburn, stuffy nose.  My hips were hurting pretty badly at the hotel because of the mattress. 
 
Movement: Yes! All the freaking time, and I'm getting some good kicks to the bladder (not fun).  The babe also seems to get the hiccups at least 2-3 times a day.

The belly: Still pretty big, and the belly button flattens even more each week.  Comparing it to Caitlin, I think I'm carrying lower.

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week: Vacation.

Worst moment of the week: Caitlin catching an awful stomach bug and being really sick the 4 days leading up to our vacation.  Thankfully, she started bouncing back slowly the day we were leaving. 

Worries this week: Mostly worrying about Caitlin being well enough to go on our family vacation.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.  Not a funny comment, but someone at the airport told me that if you're pregnant, Southwest gives you the blue "disability" card and gives you priority boarding.  Not a bad thing to know, just wish we would have known that before we purchased priority boarding which still only gave us stupid B seats. 

No comments: