Monday, March 22, 2010

29 Weeks

According to The Bump, BGL is now the size of a squash.  At week 29, BGL could be as tall as 17 inches and could weigh nearly 3 pounds.  She's about 3 inches or so within her ultimate birth length, but she still has lots of weight to gain.  Over the next 11 weeks, she will more than double (maybe even triple, but let's hope not) her weight.  Much of that weight will come from the fat accumulating under her skin right now.  As she plumps up, the room in my womb will start to feel a little cramped (it already does), making it less likely that I'll feel hard kicks from her and more likely that I'll be feeling jabs and pokes from elbows and knees. 
mo7_lg (weeks 29-32)


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 29 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 9.5 lbs.  I gained 2 lbs at this week's doctor's appt.  Since I've started the third trimester, I will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks now (my next appt is March 31st). 
Sleep: Ugh.  I'm back to having some good nights and some not so good nights.  It is getting increasingly harder to get comfortable.
Best Moment This Week: Passing my glucose test!  That means I still get to eat sweets and carbs!  Making progress on the nursery.  We still have some work to do, but it's getting closer to being finished.  A big thank you goes out to my dad who came and helped Ryan wire the room for a ceiling fan and also helped him put in a dimmer switch on the overhead lights! 
Gender: Team Pink
Movement: Yep. She's a fiesty little girl.
Food Cravings: Anything sweet, but really, let's face it, at this point, I just like to eat.  :)
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. My ankles. Not having sausages for fingers when I wake up. Being able to see my feet - my stomach is blocking most of the view now.
What I am Looking Forward To: Taking our last pre-baby vacation.  We are headed to the Greenbrier Resort in WV this weekend!
Symptoms: The ever-changing belly button (it's still holding on though, no outie yet). Heartburn. Swollen ankles/feet/hands. I am starting to feel a little more tired, but not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning. Carpal tunnel syndrome - most nights, I wake up with numb/burning hands.  Not fun! 

The Weekly Bump Picture:
IMG_3277

And, because I've started the third trimester (it happened last week), and I can't get over how big my belly is getting, I thought I'd include some side-by-side pictures from week 12 to show how much BGL has grown. 

12-14 Weeks Prego Pics with Text


15-17 Weeks with text

18-20 Weeks with Text

21-23 Weeks with Text
24-26 Weeks with Text

27-29 Weeks with Text

No comments: