Monday, February 22, 2010

25 Weeks

According to The Bump, we've started the beginning of month 6 and Baby Girl LeNoir is the size of an eggplant this month.  If I let Ryan put an ear to my belly, he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required).  We tried this before I started writing this post, but he couldn't hear her.  Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving her a healthy pink glow. She is also soaking up my antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

mo6_lg (weeks 25-28)

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 25 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 1.5 lbs.  I have a doctors appt on Thursday, so I suspect this number will be going up.
Maternity Clothes: Everyday
Sleep: Some nights are good, some nights not so much
Best Moment this Week: Picking out colors for the nursery and completing the registry.
Gender: TEAM PINK!!
Movement: Yep. I'm definitely starting to notice that she has established a routine.  There are certain times during the day/night when she's quite active.
Food Cravings:  Basically anything that is bad for me.  Doughnuts (especially the chocolate covered tastykake donuts) and french fries are at the top of the list. 
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably.
What I am looking forward to: Ryan finally feeling her move.  She's quite active at night when we've been watching the Olympics; however, every time I either have Ryan look at my stomach or put his hand on it to feel her move, she stops.  She's not out of the womb yet and already she's disobeying me! 
Weekly Wisdom:   Take an experienced mom with you when you go to register.  It will make things so much less stressful!  Thanks, Cindy!!
Symptoms: Thankfully, still feeling pretty good except for my sleeping issues and heartburn.  I've noticed that turning over in bed and bending down is a little more challenging, but nothing too awful. 

The Weekly Bump Picture:
IMG_3192

No comments: