Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blizzard of 2010

Unlike last weekend, the weathermen actually got the forecast pretty much right for this weekend.   I was lucky enough to be able to work from home on Friday, even though it really wasn't that bad and it probably wouldn't have been a problem for me to go into work.  I'm not complaining.  It was nice to not have to get dressed for work and to be able to sit on the couch all day cleaning out the DVR (while working diligently, of course).  The snow really started picking up after Ryan got home from work on Friday and didn't stop until late afternoon yesterday.  I was slightly annoyed that I had to reschedule my prenatal massage to next weekend, but it was pretty nice to be snowed in for the weekend.  We've been sitting by the fire and watching movies (Star Trek and The Hurt Locker).  I've gotten to work on my knitting - I'm making a blanket for BGL (Baby Girl LeNoir).  I finished all the laundry while Ryan shoveled/used the snowblower yesterday and I even pre-registered at the hospital!  I even went out this morning to help Ryan finish digging us out.  Since we live in Elkridge and apparently had the highest snow totals in the state of MD (38.3 inches according to the news), I thought I'd share some pictures that I've taken over the past few days. 

Our walk-up from the basement
IMG_3095

A view from the porch while it was still snowing
IMG_3105

A squirrel who was out during the storm
IMG_3107

Ryan using the snowblower - best money we've spent in a while
IMG_3114

A view into our back yard.  The mound of snow in the bottom right of the picture is our grill. 
IMG_3116

Me in the driveway today - the snow came up to at least my belly button!  Crazy!
IMG_3135

Ryan working hard today.
IMG_3142

The fire hydrant is almost buried! (It's the orange thing right in the middle of the picture).
IMG_3143

A view from the street. 
IMG_3145

View from the street, looking the other way. 
IMG_3146

The driveway is finally dug out!
IMG_3144

No comments: