Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wedding Day Recap - First Look

Ryan and I chose to do a "first look" for one reason. It was very important to us that we would be able to spend as much time with our family and friends at the cocktail hour and reception. We still missed a good part of the cocktail hour, but this was the best option for us because it also took away some of the pressure of seeing each other for the first time that day in front of all of closest family and friends.

G09208CL-0304

On my way to see my handsome soon-to-be husband for the first time that day. At first I couldn't figure out how to walk without my dress dragging the ground so some of my entourage followed me part of the way to make sure I would be ok.


G09208CL-0307

Getting closer. You can still kind of see Crystal and Becky in the background. And you can also see that I figured out how to manage the dress. :)


G09208CL-0309

Seeing Ryan (well, his back at least) for the first time. I was so nervous as I started walking across the grass towards him. I honestly had no idea what his reaction would be.


G09208CL-0315

Guess who! (I think I was reaching up to tap him on the shoulder here.)

G09208CL-0318

The reaction. It was a good one! We stood there chatting for a while. Since we hadn't talked at all that morning, it felt like we hadn't seen/talked to each other in forever!

G09208CL-0375

What first look isn't complete without a "first" kiss?

G09208CL-0376

The guys decided to relax during our first look.

G09208CL-0377

This is one of my absolute favorite pictures from the day. We were trying to round up the wedding party and our families, and Ryan and I were just chatting about the events of the day when the photographer caught this picture. I don't even think we knew he took it.

Previous Recaps:

Getting Ready

All photos courtesy of Perskie Photographics.

No comments: