Monday, January 4, 2010

18 Weeks

According to The Bump, this week the baby is the size of a sweet potato (an ugly creepy looking sweet potato based on the picture below).  The fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to me), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that I'll be able to feel those movements soon.

wk18_lg
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Total Weight Gain: As of my last appt at 15 weeks, 5 days, 1.5 lbs, although I'm sure this has definitely increased after all the eating I've been doing over the holidays.
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing the BeBand. 
Sleep: I'm still good at it.
Best Moment this week: Thinking that I might have felt the babe move for the first time.
Gender: No idea, but we find out in less than a week! Make sure to cast your vote in the poll on the upper left-hand side of the blog. 
Movement: Maybe? 
Food Craving: Green olives and sweet stuff (not together though).
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the sex and celebrating my 30th birthday this weekend!
Weekly Wisdom: Do as much as you can before you get too uncomfortable.
Symptoms: Sporadic heartburn and some back pain, but nothing too terribly bad. 

And, here's a picture of my growing bump. 

IMG_3063 - 18w 1.4.10

No comments: