Tuesday, January 12, 2010

19 Weeks

This week has been full of excitement.  Ryan threw me an amazing 30th birthday party this weekend.  It was great having our friends and family there to celebrate my birthday!   We also were lucky enough that the babe cooperated and showed us "the goods" yesterday!    According to The Bump, the baby is the size of a mango this week.  Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
wk19_lg
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 weeks, 1 day
Total Weight Gain: Same as before - I don't go back to the doctor until Jan 28th, so we'll see what it is then. 
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes.  I'm not sure I will ever wear anything without elastic ever again.
Sleep: I'm still good at it.
Best Moment this week: Celebrating my 30th birthday with friends and family.  Finding out the sex of the baby and learning that everything is normal.  According to the sonographer, she weighs about 10 oz and is 6 inches long. 
Gender: TEAM PINK!!  Based on the poll results, 6 out of 9 thought otherwise! 
Movement: I am definitely starting to feel her more and more.  Such an interesting feeling! 
Food Cravings: Nothing new - still enjoying sweets, especially the leftover birthday cake from Sugarbakers!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: Starting to look at nursery decorating ideas. 
Weekly Wisdom: It doesn't matter what the sex is along as the baby is healthy! 
Symptoms: Just stupid heartburn. 

The Weekly Bump Picture... I think I'm actually starting to look pregnant! 
IMG_3067 - 19w 01.11.10

And for fun, I've posted some pictures from the beginning of the pregnancy through Week 17.  Because I was feeling so awful during weeks 7-11, we didn't take any pictures.  I am also posting some of the cute ultrasound pictures of Baby Girl LeNoir! 
4-6 Weeks Prego Pics with text

12-14 Weeks Prego Pics with Text

15-17 Weeks with text

Baby's First Picture, taken 10/16/09
IMG_0001

Taken 11/13/09
IMG_0002

A profile picture - you can also see her arms, taken 1/11/10
IMG_0003

A cute picture of her little foot with her toes curled, taken 1/11/10
IMG_0006

No comments: