Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wedding Day Recap - Reception: The Traditional Stuff

After we finished up with pictures at the church, we headed over to Pier 5 for the reception - it was finally time to celebrate this marriage! Before I get to the fun pictures from the reception, here's a few from the traditional stuff.

G09208CL-0901

Our first dance was "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison. Such a great song, but apparently, we weren't feeling very sentimental because every picture I have of us dancing together is of us laughing/smiling. Even our bridal party was laughing - if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll see Alexis cracking up in the background about something.

G09208CL-0907

See, I told you! Still laughing. What I really like about this picture is how our Best Man and Maid of Honor look like they scheming about something (they are both trouble-makers). I'm guessing that they're really just talking strategy for their big toasts.

G09208CL-0936

MOH Toast. I'm pretty sure this is where she called us Mr. & Mrs. Chick.

G09208CL-1063

Best man toast. I think this is where he told everyone that Ryan had been dreaming of this day ever since he was a little girl.

G09208CL-0953

My dance with my dad. We danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.

G09208CL-1127

Ryan's dance with his mom. They danced to "In My Life" by the Beatles.

G09208CL-1227

Here we are cutting the cake. I have a couple comments about this cake. 1) The cake topper - not exactly what I asked for. It was almost like a mini bridesmaid bouquet! 2) The cake was supposed to be PINK! Not yellow, PINK! I think that was the biggest thing that went wrong that day. Not really complaining because the cake still tasted oh so good!!

G09208CL-1233

I love the way we're looking at each other kind of questioning what the other is going to do (smash it or be nice). I think most of our guests missed this part of the reception, so if they had been egging us on, we may have smashed it. But, since they weren't, we fed it to each other nicely and then just smeared the icing on each other's faces. Pretty lame.

G09208CL-1238

This was after Ryan smeared the icing on my face. I don't remember being mad about it, but I sure look like I'm ready to kill him in this picture!

G09208CL-1240

Here we are, icing and all. Guess I'm not mad anymore!

Previous Recaps:

Getting Ready

All photos courtesy of Perskie Photographics.

No comments: