Saturday, May 25, 2013

35 Weeks

IMG_5826
How far along: 35 Weeks, 2 days (35 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: about 20 inches in length and 5.5 lbs, according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: Nothing.  I am completely done with eating at this point.  It all just makes me uncomfortable and causes heartburn. 

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on May 9th, 19lbs (somehow, I've gained less than my pregnancy with Caitlin at this point, but I definitely think I look bigger)

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes. Spending time with my little family - trying really hard to savor this time as a family of 3.

What I'm looking forward to the most: Meeting this kid. I'm pretty ready for this pregnancy to be over at this point.

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling all the time. I also had stopped wearing my wedding rings, but knock on wood, they still fit. I am definitely more uncomfortable this time.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well for the most part aside from the occasional early morning wake-up where I can't fall back to sleep . I'm still up every night usually at least 3-4 times to pee, but I don't have a huge problem falling back to sleep unless Ryan is snoring. It is starting to get harder to turn over and/or get out of bed.

Symptoms: Heartburn. Sore hips and legs and just tired in general.  Exhaustion - I feel like I am definitely more tired this time around. I'm sure having an almost 3 year old at home isn't helping with the exhaustion. Random pain in my back and the top of my stomach, not contractions though. I think it's more from my belly stretching or over-doing it physically. Thankfully, the heating pad somewhat helps with the pain.  Just overall soreness, including soreness in my pelvic muscles - so not fun at all. Round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions. The skin on my stomach is also really sensitive, I think because it is stretched so thin. It hurts to have anything touching it most of the time, which is kind of a shame because I HAVE to wear clothes.

Movement: Yes! The movement has slowed a bit as he/she is clearly running out of room, but it is definitely strong most of the time and sometimes even catches me off guard.  The stronger movements actually hurt lately.  

The belly: Still pretty big, and my belly button is basically flat if not popping out most of the time. Starting to hurt a little (see symptoms above).

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week:   Surviving the week with Ryan away in Chicago.  Caitlin was a sweetheart most of the week. 

Worries this week: Starting to get a little worried about labor/delivery, but with how uncomfortable I am, I'm also starting to really look forward to it.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.

No comments: