Wednesday, May 8, 2013

34 Weeks

IMG_5458
How far along: 34 Weeks (34 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: about 20 inches in length and 5 lbs, according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings.  Not really craving anything at this point.  Pretty much everything causes heartburn.

Weight Gain: As of my doctor's appt on April 25th, 17lbs

What I love: Comfy maternity clothes. Spending time with my little family - trying really hard to savor this time as a family of 3.
What I'm looking forward to the most: Meeting this kid. I'm pretty ready for this pregnancy to be over at this point. 

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly, and apparently, I am sleeping much better than last time. At this point last time, my ankles and fingers were swelling all the time. I also had stopped wearing my wedding rings, but knock on wood, they still fit. I am definitely more uncomfortable this time.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well for the most part aside from the occasional early morning wake-up where I can't fall back to sleep . I'm still up every night usually 2-4 times to pee, but I don't have a huge problem falling back to sleep. It is starting to get harder to turn over and/or get out of bed.

Symptoms: Heartburn. Sore hips and legs and just tired in general. Random leg cramps when I flex my feet/ankles at night. Exhaustion - I feel like I am definitely more tired this time around. I'm sure having an almost 3 year old at home isn't helping with the exhaustion. Random pain in my back and the top of my stomach, not contractions though. I think it's more from my belly stretching or over-doing it physically. Thankfully, the heating pad has somewhat helps with the pain. A few days of my legs/ankles/feet swelling, but I've started putting my feet up at work as much as I can, and I think that's helping. Just overall soreness, including soreness in my pelvic muscles - so not fun at all. Round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions.  The skin on my stomach is also really sensitive, I think because it is stretched so thin.  It hurts to have anything touching it most of the time, which is kind of a shame because I HAVE to wear clothes. 

Movement: Yes! The movement has slowed a bit as he/she is clearly running out of room, but it is definitely strong most of the time and sometimes even catches me off guard.

The belly: Still pretty big, and my belly button is basically flat if not popping out most of the time. Starting to hurt a little (see symptoms above).

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week:  Getting a 90-minute prenatal massage today.  Amazing. 

Worries this week: Starting to get a little worried about labor/delivery, but with how uncomfortable I am, I'm also starting to really look forward to it.

"Amusing" Comments: Nothing this week.

No comments: