Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 29

IMG_0316
Ryan and Caitlin took a walk last night, and he asked her where her tongue was, and well, here it is!  Silly girl. Caitlin and Ryan spent some good quality time together on Monday.  I went into work at the office at 7:30am for a normal work day.  About an hour after I had gotten there, I found out that I had been called for storm duty and had to first go to training and then report to our staging area at BWI for my assignment.  My assignment was a safety standby patrol, which means that we were responsible for "babysitting" downed to wires to try to keep the public safe until a crew could arrive to fix them. I'll admit it was kind of exciting to be part of the team and help with the restoration efforts!   We were there from 2:45pm on Monday to 10:00am on Tuesday - so I worked over 24 hours.  Talk about a long day.  It was an interesting experience, and our job was pretty easy, but I'm glad I was able to help out. Here's a picture of the downed trees and wires that were blocking Rolling Road that were responsible for.
IMG-20110829-00009 

No comments: