Wednesday, May 19, 2010

37 Weeks

19 Days until my due date!!  According to What to Expect, if BGL were born today, she would be considered full term.  That doesn't mean that she's finished growing - or getting ready for life on the outside.  She's still gaining about a half pound a week, and the average fetus weighs about 6.5 lbs.  Fat continues to accumulate on BGL, forming kissable dimples in those cute elbows, knees, and shoulders, and adorable creases and folds in the neck and wrists.  To keep busy until her big debut, she's practicing to make perfect:  inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking on her thumb (to prepare for her first suckle), blinking and pivoting from side to side. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks, 2 Days (37 Weeks in the picture)
Total Weight Gain: 22.5 lbs
Sleep: Still about the same as last week. I am definitely more uncomfortable these days, but I'm sleeping ok.  I still have a lingering cough from my headcold that is not helping with the sleeping.  I'm hoping it goes away soon.
Best Moment This Week: Spending some time with the girls (first Becky & Val and then Melissa & Crystal) this weekend! 
Movement: She's still moving and sometimes it actually hurts a little bit! She loves to be on the right side of my stomach.
What I Miss: No big change from last week.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting BGL.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, swollen hands/ankles/feet. Carpal tunnel.

The Weekly Bump Picture:

IMG_3516

1 comment:

Kim Schubert said...

You look adorable. :) I can't wait to come home this summer and meet your little one :)