Tuesday, May 11, 2010

36 Weeks

We're starting the 9th month this week!  Once again, I am in shock that my due date is so soon!  Although The Bump considers week 37 as the start of month 9, I thought I'd go ahead and post the last fruit picture that shows BGL's size....  A watermelon!


mo9_lg (weeks 37-delivery)

According to What to Expect, BGL is weighing in at about 6 pounds and measuring somewhere around 10 inches tall.  Right now, most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are just about equipped for life on the outside.  Though the digestive system is ready to roll, too, it hasn't really gotten a workout yet.  Up until this point, BGL's nutrition has been arriving via the umbilical cord - no digestion necessary.  As soon as she has her first feeding, her digestive system will be jump-started and those diapers will start filling... Woo-hoo - can't wait for that!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks, 1 Day (36 Weeks in the picture)
Total Weight Gain: 22.5 lbs
Sleep:  Still about the same as last week.  I am definitely more uncomfortable these days, but I'm sleeping ok.
Best Moment This Week:  Celebrating my first mother's day.  Ryan was so sweet and bought me a bluetooth speakerphone for the car (so I'll be a safe driver with BGL in the car) and also a cute picture frame that says "Mom" at the top and also says "Before you were conceived, I wanted you.  Before you were born, I loved you".  The frame is going to be perfect for my desk when I have to go back to work!  He also made me breakfast on Sunday. 
Movement:  She's still moving and sometimes it actually hurts a little bit!  She loves to be on the right side of my stomach.
What I Miss:  No big change from last week.  I am still really thankful that my pregnancy has been relatively uneventful.
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Meeting BGL.  Having girls day this weekend. 
Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks contractions, swollen hands/ankles/feet.  Carpal tunnel. 

The Weekly Bump Picture:
IMG_3512

No comments: