Monday, February 11, 2013

22 Weeks

IMG_1676
 
How far along: 22 Weeks, 1 Day (22 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: a papaya, about 8 inches in length and 1.2lbs  according to What to Expect.

Cravings this week: still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings, brownies with vanilla ice cream, and banana pancakes.  Definitely over the obsession with Wheat chex with milk and bananas.

Weight Gain: As of my last doctor's appt on January 23rd, 6lbs (I'm just going to go with what the doctor's scale says because that's easiest).

What I love: The belly, the kicks (and random hiccups).  Being in the honeymoon phase and having more energy while not feeling too big. 

What I'm looking forward to the most: Finishing Caitlin's big girl room.  Her furniture is getting delivered on Saturday. 

What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly.

Sleep: No issues in this department. I'm still up every night usually 2-3 times to pee around 1:30/2 and definitely 5/515, but I usually have no problems falling back to sleep. I slept in the guest room for most of this week, and I have to say, it is kind of nice to not hear Ryan's snoring.  However, I moved back in on Saturday night, and I am happy to be back in our bed. 

Symptoms: Heartburn, but I've had a few days where it actually wasn't too terrible.  Stuffy nose - this has actually been going on for a while.    

Movement: Yes!  I even felt it on the outside a few times this week. 

The belly: Basketball-ish and my belly button seems to be flattening and getting more shallow pretty quickly. I feel like it took much longer for this to happen with Caitlin.

Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June

Best moment of the week: Attending a baby shower for a good friend.  So much fun and awesome to see some friends from high school.   Low point of the week:  Caitlin telling me that she liked Daddy better.  (Ouch!)

Worries this week: Worrying about how Caitlin is going to handle her world being turned upside down.  Feeling guilty that she won't have as much attention once the new baby is here (even though I truly believe that having a brother or sister is an amazing gift for her). 

"Amusing" Comments: At the baby shower for a friend who is due March 26th, I was asked if I was due around the same time as her.  To which I replied "Oh, I'm due 3 months later than her."  Also, not heard this week, but earlier in my pregnancy I was asked "Are you sure the doctor got your due date right?  Are you sure you're not further along?"  I know you show more/show quicker with your 2nd pregnancy, but wow! 

No comments: