Thursday, February 7, 2013

21 Weeks

IMG_1374

How far along: 21 Weeks, 1 Day (21 Weeks with Caitlin)

Size of baby: a large banana, about 7 inches in length and almost 11 ounces according to What to Expect. 
 
Cravings this week: Wheat chex with milk and bananas, Cinnamon Chip muffins from Giant, still loving my cup of coffee in the mornings
 
Previous cravings include: V8 + Old Bay, Bread and Butter pickles (the sweet ones), Chipped Beef Gravy over pancakes (for a few weeks around Christmas, I couldn't get enough!)
 
Weight Gain:  As of my last doctor's appt on January 23rd, 6lbs (I'm just going to go with what the doctor's scale says because that's easiest). 
 
What I love: The belly, the kicks, knowing the baby is healthy (our big ultrasound was January 23rd).
 
What I'm looking forward to the most: Finishing Caitlin's big girl room and getting her all set up in her big girl bed.  (This is mostly Ryan's job.  So far, it looks amazing!)
  
What is different this time around: Definitely the size of my belly.  I feel like I am weeks ahead (size-wise) from where I was with Caitlin.  Obviously, having a toddler to take care of this time (last time, I could nap whenever I wanted, sleep in, etc). 
 
Sleep: No issues in this department. I'm up every night usually 2-3 times to pee around 1:30/2 and definitely 5/515, but I usually have no problems falling back to sleep.  I've also been sleeping in the guest room since Ryan got sick because I'm so paranoid about getting sick. 
 
Symptoms: Heartburn, heartburn and heartburn. I think sometimes I may have a little sciatica pain, but it's very sporadic and not all that painful, just uncomfortable. Some random tightness in my belly (guessing early BH contractions), but nothing I can't live with. I am totally am in the honeymoon phase, and other than the heartburn, I have no complaints.  

Previous symptoms: Since I'm not going back to do the weekly surveys for my previous weeks, I thought it would be worth mentioning my previous symptoms here. The first trimester was ROUGH. Exhaustion, nausea, mood swings, constipation... if it comes with the first trimester, I think I had it. I had nausea with Caitlin, but this time, it was much worse. There were many days that I couldn't even function at work, but I finally got some good drugs to help me through. I finally started feeling better around 13-14 weeks, thank goodness!  Thankfully, Ryan was super dad/husband during the first trimester and took care of everything else in our life (Caitlin, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.).
 
Movement: Yes!  I forgot how weird it feels the first time it happens, but I'm starting to get used to it. 
 
The belly: Basketball-ish and my belly button seems to be flattening and getting more shallow pretty quickly.  I feel like it took much longer for this to happen with Caitlin. Right now, I think I am carrying exactly the same as I did with Caitlin.  
 
Boy or Girl: We'll find out in June
 
Best moment of the week: Ryan finishing mostly painting Caitlin's big girl room.  Low point of the week:  Caitlin having a UTI, and Ryan picking up some nasty sickness, probably from our little petri dish (aka Caitlin). 
 
Worries this week: Nothing really related to the pregnancy.  I think I was more concerned with my sick family and the fact that I was getting my butt kicked at work.  Thankfully, it seems that we're turning the corner a little bit on both fronts. 

No comments: