Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9

IMG_1342
Yes, those are cheerio pieces on her nose.  I turned away for 1 minute tonight, and when I looked back, she had somehow smeared cheerios on her nose!  Silly girl!!

She must have known last night that I have been feeling sentimental as we are preparing for her big party because she woke up at 3am and threw Bunny out of her crib.  When I went in to give him back, she was standing up, and I decided to pick her up and try to rock her for a little while.  Boy was I surprised when she actually let me do this.  She's doing this really cute thing lately where she really studies my face.  She loves to touch my nose, my mouth and teeth, and she especially loves feeling my eyelashes.  When we started rocking last night, she did that for a little bit, but then she laid her head down on my shoulder with Bunny and fell asleep for about 20 minutes.  Even though I was tired and am fighting the nasty cold that she passed on to me, I loved every minute of it.  I know she's growing up and becoming more independent each day, but I hope she'll always know that I will always be here to snuggle her whenever she wants.

No comments: