Friday, December 14, 2012

Conversations with Caitlin

This morning
Me:  "Daddy is going to pick you up from school today."  He's been out of town so I've been picking her up, but I wanted to prepare her for the fact that he'd pick her up tonight.

Caitlin: "Oh, ok.  Daddy's going to pick me up?  You going to drop me down?"  (i.e. drop me off) I know they've been working on opposites at school, so I think she figured since down was the opposite of up, that was what I was going to do.  So cute. 


Last Night: 
I took her to see the trains last night, but a requirement was that she had to eat all her dinner (and she did).  This conversation occurred on the way home from seeing the trains. 

Me: "Tomorrow, if you're a good listener and you eat all your dinner, maybe we can watch Charlie Brown's Christmas."

Caitlin:  "Ooooh.  But Mommy, I already ate all my dinner tonight, so I get to watch Charlie Brown!"

And the negotiating stage has begun, folks...

No comments: