Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Year Ago Today

  • The sun was shining and the weather was perfect.
  • He wore a tux and I wore an ivory dress.
  • We met on the lawn to have our "first look". It was one of the only times that we were truly alone that day (well, other than our photographer), and we savored every minute.
  • We promised to love each other til death do us part.
  • We put on 2 shiny rings as a symbol of these vows.
  • We had our first kiss as husband and wife.
  • We were completely overwhelmed (in a good way) with love from our friends and family.
  • We partied with those friends and family until the DJ said no more (and wouldn't play Shout for us).

The past year has been one of the best so far. Perfect in our own way. I can hardly believe it has already been a year. The day that I married my best friend was by far one of the best days of my life. Happy Anniversary, Ryan!

Oh, and by the way, our year-old wedding cake was surprisingly not too bad considering it had been in the freezer for a year! Did I eat 2-3 pieces like I did on our wedding night and the morning after? No. But the one piece I had was actually ok.

No comments: