Friday, April 18, 2008

Does Anyone Have a Big Cardboard Box?

We might need to use it if we can't find a new house to move in to! The past few weeks have been a bit crazy, so while Ryan is off in Atlantic City celebrating Andre's bachelor party, I thought I'd have some "me" time on a Friday night. I'm watching the O's beat the Yanks (let's go O's!!), and I thought I'd update the blog for the goings on of the past few weeks.

About three weeks ago, we put our house back on the market. Aside from the fact that we had to list at a cheaper price than before, I actually took the whole "selling the house" thing quite well. There weren't any tears this time! Don't get me wrong, I still love this house, but I'd love it more if it wasn't in the city and was closer to my family. We've had quite a bit of activity - 7 showings this time compared to the 1 showing that we had when it was on the market in November. And... this week, we received an offer and signed a contract! The house sold... in 3 weeks!! According to that contract, we will be settling on May 28th, so Ryan and I are now frantically searching for a new place to live so we won't be homeless! We've already seen a few houses that we like and plan to visit a lot more tomorrow. We're hoping to put an offer on a "grown-up" house in the burbs early next week. Many thanks to Crystal for rushing home from work last night to go and check out some houses with me.

On the wedding front, we had a meeting with our wedding coordinator to pick out the menu and talk about details for the cocktail hour and reception. The food was great, but my favorite part of the tasting was definitely the cake! We were lucky enough to be joined by both our parents for this event, and it was so nice to have them there with us. I actually had no concept of how many questions the wedding coordinator would be asking, and I can't thank both the Lindas enough for sharing their wisdom and advice related to the important decisions (napkin colors, centerpieces, seating arrangements etc.). Ryan's parents also spent the rest of the weekend with us, and we had a chance to show them the church and discuss the options for the rehearsal dinner. Time really is flying and the wedding will be here before we know it! It will be 5 months away on Sunday!

No comments: