Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Happy Day...

Yesterday, Linda, Crystal and Becky came to Baltimore to go dress shopping with me. First, we made a stop at Pier 5 Hotel so that Crystal and Linda could see the reception space. Becky had already seen it, but of course she was a good sport and came to check it out too. After a quick lunch at Potbelly's in the Harbor, we headed to Francesca's Bridal in Parkville. I found Francesca's because they are in the same building as our photographer and videographer. We arrived right on time for our appointment and had a few minutes to kill while our salesperson (Jeri) finished up with another customer. We made ourselves comfortable and Becky and I started wandering around the salon to look at dresses. I found a dress that I liked and told Becky that I really wanted to try that one on. We met with Jeri and talked about the kind of dress I was looking for and my budget, and she started pulling dresses off the rack. Off we went to try them on, but the first dress I looked at with Becky was not included in the selections. I could not have been more nervous - it's not every day that I get to play dress-up with bridal gowns. Turns out as I was trying on the first gown, another bride grabbed the one that I liked so much and had it on for quite a long time. I tried on about 4 gowns, and each had aspects that I liked, but I had not found the ONE. As I was taking off the last gown, Becky came back to the dressing room with the gown that I was dying to try on. I tried it on, and it was THE ONE! When I walked out of the dressing room and looked in the mirrors, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. Jeri turned the lights down so there were little lights shining on the dress, and it was absolutely perfect. I was even more convinced that it was perfect when I saw and heard Linda, Crystal and Becky's reactions. Linda told me that the dress had been made for me, and then Becky says "Wendy, it's so beautiful, I want to marry you!" Before we knew it, we all were in tears. So... we bought it!!! I have a wedding dress!!! A big thank you to Linda, Crystal and Becky for giving up their Saturday to come dress shopping with me. I could not have done it without you all - It really meant the world to me to have you all there and I am really very lucky that you are a part of my life!!

If anyone knows someone who is looking for a wedding dress or bridemaid dresses, I highly recommend Francesca's Bridal. Our salesperson, Jeri, was amazing. She was wonderful! She really took the time to get to know me and understand what I liked and didn't like, and never once was she pushy. She also made a point to only show me dresses that fell below my budget. What a great experience!! 307 more days until I get to wear the dress!! I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

How are you feeling? We're feeling no pain right now. We really enjoy each and every blog. Keep up the great work. Your future aunts,
Nancy and Sue.