Sunday, February 4, 2007

Who knew bridal shows could be so overwhelming?

On Sunday, Feb 4, 2007, my sister, Crystal, and my stepmom, Linda, and I spent the day looking at more bridal stuff than we realized existed. After a fulfilling brunch at Claddagh's Pub in Canton, we headed off to the Convention Center for our first official wedding planning event. What a day. I am so grateful they were there to keep me company and keep me from feeling as overwhelmed as I would have been without them there. Between the vendors asking me if I had hired a photographer/videographer, picked a location, hired a florist or better yet, had we set a date yet, I thought I might lose it. My favorite were the vendors who wanted me to sign a contract with them on the spot. Are they crazy? Anyway, despite all of the stress, we did get a lot of information which might prove to be helpful down the road. Just ask Crystal how much information we got - she was the lucky one who got to carry the heavy bag with all the brochures, business cards, honeymoon info, and DVDs with sample videos and photos.

I think our favorite part of the day had to be tasting wedding cakes and oohing and ahhing over how absolutely beautiful they were. Although we have made no decisions yet, our favorite cake places were Woodlea Bakery (www.woodleabakery.com) and SugarBakers (www.sugarbakerscakes.com). I also found a custom invitation designer called love2bcreative (www.love2bcreative.com) and fell in love with her invitations. In fact, I've already contacted her for some additional information. Crystal was a big fan of her invitations as well - she almost tried to pocket one of the displays so we'd have an example! We watched part of the fashion show and were quite surprised to see some of the styles of wedding dresses that are "in fashion". These fashionable dresses had, as Crystal calls it, a "ruffled ugly foo-foo look" for the skirt. If that's fashionable, I guess I won't be in fashion because I was not a fan! All in all, it was a great experience, and I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: